Thursday, September 6, 2012

Week 14 Results

This post is so late for a couple reasons. The main one is that I stayed at my parents' house until Tuesday evening so we did not do our weigh-in until Wednesday. The secondary reason is I didn't have a chance to write the post until right now because I have been busy with interviews the last two days!! I had an in person interview yesterday morning at Company A, then an in person interview at Company B this morning, followed by an unexpected phone screen interview for Company C, and then an in person interview with other employees at Company A late this afternoon. I have to go back to Company A tomorrow morning to fill out an application; I may hear about that job as early as tomorrow afternoon!

Here are our results!

Katie
Current Weight: -32.0 lbs. (This week: -1.8 lbs.)

Tony
Current Weight: -38.0 lbs. (This week: -2.0 lbs.)

So we did pretty well! We had a few high calorie days over the holiday weekend. We celebrated my mom's and my sister's girlfriend's birthdays on Monday night and that involved an ice cream sundae bar. Let's just say that day was pretty terrible calorie-wise and we'll leave it at that!

I did meet my exercise goal last week. I am going to try to exercise at least once for 30 minutes between today and Monday. I have reduced it to one time because there are only a few days left until Monday, and trying to go with twice would just set myself up for failure. I promise I will bring back the twice a week exercise goal next week!

Next week's post will include measurements, now that we are doing them every 5 weeks. It will have been 7 weeks since the last time we took measurements; I am excited to see them since I know I've lost inches.

(Sort of) exciting news for me. For the last two years or so, I have been sized out of Lane Bryant. Lane Bryant goes up to size 28, and I have been a 30 or 32 (if not higher at times) for the last couple years. All of my recent clothes purchases have been at Fashion Bug since that is pretty much the only brick and mortar store that carries clothes for women under age 80 up to size 32. I went to the mall a week ago and strolled into Lane Bryant since they were having a BOGO sale, and I figured, hey I'm down 30 lbs, let's see if a 28 fits!

IT DID! I got a cute jean skirt/skort (has attached shorts underneath the skirt), a pair of jeans, and some underwear. I am so excited I can fit back into Lane Bryant clothes, especially since Fashion Bug is going out of business and the stores will all be closed by January. So that is exciting news for me and is some motivation to keep going!


Katie's Food and Exercise Diary can be found here.
Tony's Food and Exercise Diary can be found here.
Our weight loss tickers can be found at the bottom of every page of our blog.

1 comment:

  1. A great week for both of you even with the holiday! I am very proud of both of you.
    Katie, so happy for you that you are down sizes. That has to be a good feeling. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Katie's Weight Loss Ticker:


Tony's Weight Loss Ticker: