Monday, June 18, 2012

Week 3 Results

Here we are again, another weight check-in! It has been 3 weeks already since we started this; I can't believe it! It is getting much easier to control calories now that we are 3 weeks in. I have personally been doing a much better job of self control and saying no to sweets and junk food. Tony will readily admit he still has some room to improve in that area. I have been trying harder to listen to my body and only eat when I'm actually hungry. Just because there's a bowl of chips or a tub of ice cream in front of me, doesn't mean I should eat it. If I just had dinner, I am probably not hungry and therefore I don't need to be eating junk food and sweets just because they are there.


Yesterday I experienced a little bit of a weight loss win. You know how jeans come out of the dryer extra tight and it takes a couple hours of wearing them before they stretch out a bit? In the past I would have to zip the zipper of my freshly dried jeans by laying down on my bed. Yesterday I succeeded in zipping them up while standing! I was a tiny bit happy, as this means my body is getting smaller. Next week we will have measurement results, and I imagine my waist measurement will show some improvement!


Without further ado, here are the results for Week 3:


Katie

Current Weight: -11.8 lbs. (This week: -3.6 lbs.)

Tony
Current Weight: -11.2 lbs. (This week: +0.4 lbs.)



Tony's results this week were a bit of an eye opener to him. He now knows he needs to accept the fact that MFP is correct in the amount of calories he should eat each day and it will correctly adjust downward as he loses weight. He keeps talking about doing a blog post at some point, so maybe he will talk about this aspect of weight loss. I am not sure. He first needs to create a Blogger account!

I am very happy with my own results. We ate more restaurant meals than normal, so my calories were higher than they should be, but I did well overall and the results this morning show that. I feel better about last week now. This week will be even better because we only have one restaurant meal planned, and it will be Qdoba which is easily trackable and therefore we can make good choices.

In other news, I learned on Friday that my job was completely eliminated due to the restructuring and cost cutting my (now former) employer is going through, and therefore I am now laid off. It is a bit of a relief, as I wanted to leave the company and had been applying for the last 6 weeks or so. Now that I no longer have to go to work every day, I have plenty of time to focus on finding a new job! Also, the unemployment has come at the best time - summer! We have a couple long weekend trips coming up and then there is of course the 4th of July! Hopefully I will find something new (and better!) very quickly but if not, I will have lots of things to do to keep busy! Plus, Tony is really enjoying that I am now doing almost all of the housework :)


Katie's Food and Exercise Diary can be found here.
Tony's Food and Exercise Diary can be found here.
Our weight loss tickers can be found at the bottom of every page of our blog.

3 comments:

  1. Nice job guys. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We should head over there sometime and all take Liam on a walk somewhere fun. Bonus exercise! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the weight loss this week! Enjoy the time off work. I'm sure you'll find something new soon!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Katie's Weight Loss Ticker:


Tony's Weight Loss Ticker: